India Orders Spike Anti-Tank Guided Missiles

The Indian Ministry of Defence (MoD) has signed a $34.70 Million (Rs 2.87 Billion) contract with Kalyani Rafael Advanced Systems Pvt Ltd (KRAS) for the procurement of Spike Anti-Tank Guided Missiles (ATGMs) for the Indian Armed Forces.

This order is expected to be fulfilled over the course of the next 12 months.

While specific details regarding the version of Spike ATGMs to be delivered were not disclosed, however it is assessed by Janes to be Spike SR ATGMs. 

Noteworthy, KRAS is a joint venture (JV) company, formed in collaboration between Kalyani Strategic Systems Ltd (KSSL), the defence subsidiary of Bharat Forge Ltd, and Israel’s Rafael Advanced Defence Systems (Rafael) Ltd.

In this partnership, KSSL holds a majority stake of 51%, with Rafael owning the remaining 49%.